PF account details are wrong.

Hi my friend has been working in a multinational company for the last 12 years in Gurgaon. His PF account was created by the company however when my friend checked the details, his surname was mentioned wrongly for which he is running from pillar to post to change it as per the Aadhaar card submitted to PF office. People in PF office are blatantly asking for money to change this simple info and his company is also not helping. Now my friend is going to retire next year and he is so worried that there will be issues if he tries to withdraw. Request your kind help in resolving this long pending issue. more  

View all 12 comments Below 12 comments
Will help him at no cost.Mail with all details more  
Ask him to raise a grivience report on the EPF website with details. Depending on the response he can raise a RTI asking for the details for not correcting his name. There is no need to visit any PF office and PF employees see not allowed to meet any EPF subscribers. more  
please let him with his employer to send the correct name details to pf department quoting UAN no. The correction particulars has to go from the employer tp pf department. He/She should lodge grievance on line with pf department. PF department will ask you to get confirmation from the employer which will be directly sent by the employer to pf department. After creating sufficient evidence of taking up the issue online both with employer and Pf department on the grievance you may take up the issue in CENTRAL PUBLIC GRIEVANCE PORTAL for resolution. Your friend may have other evidence like the employment letter and PF statements also. . G Satyamurthy more  
Thank you for the guidance Sir more  
Best way is On Line on EPFO Website. I too did it and was a success. more  
EPF i Grievance Management System :: EPFiGMS :: Home EPFiGMS is a customised portal of EPFO with an aim to redress grievances for the services provided by EPFO. Grievances can be lodged at any place. . Step 1: Visit the official website of EPF i-Grievance Management System ( and click on the 'Register Grievance' tab. Step 2: Select the applicable 'Status' option. Step 3: Enter the Universal Account Number (UAN). Enter the security code and click on the 'Get Details' button. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)