Penalty to celebrities for misleading ads
Will Dhoni and his wife return Rs 42 crores worth Amrapali buyers' money?
Do sportspeople even care to check what they are endorsing? So many so called sports centric apartments are endorsed by sports celebrities.
How do the consumer laws prevent them to engage in misleading advertisements like this which Dhoni engaged in. more
Absolutely. Celebrities endorse any product if they are offered a fat sum for it, even if it's liquor, cigarettes, etc. and the youth who look up to these celebrities as 'role-models' get influenced by these endorsements. In case of Amrapali, Dhoni seems to have been paid off by Amrapali with home-buyers' money, after Dhoni filed a lawsuit against the real estate developer. Sadly, even RERA, which is supposed to be home-buyer friendly, requires the developer to lock-in only 70% advance payments in a Project in an escrow a/c, while he is free to play around with the remaining 30% collected from home-buyers. In large residential projects like Amrapali's this can run into several crores of rupees. It's a shame the Supreme Court didn't freeze Amrapali's a/c promptly, to atleast compensate home-buyers with whatever money was left in Amrapali's Bank a/cs. SC's delay enabled Amrapali to pay off Dhoni to avoid his lawsuit. India's legal system has been broken from the very beginning, as we simply adopted British era laws & practices, which we follow to this day. Celebrities are morally liable for endorsing products & services which they should have enough knowledge about (after all they have PR agencies handling these things). Our laws should make celebrities endorsing products / services criminally liable for any breach of trust by the product/service's producer/provider. Only then these two-bit celebrities will do proper due diligence before endorsing anything n everything, for the sake of money. more
Hero worshipping is so very prevalent in the world in general and India in particular . That is why Cine actors , Models are chosen . At least now they chose Athletes and players . The madness of public is being exploited .
World over it is the practice of the Manufacturer to tap Sports persons for this for Energy drinks & foods , sports ware as well as general ware . The present one mentioned is an ingenious one going beyond all that .
Should we not know that a person appearing in an advertisement should be an expert in the field or is genuinely using it . What does an actress M.P.To do with R.O. Water . Why are the Legislators allowed to earn money from appearing in Advertisements . Wille it not be a partisan attitude from a Public Servant to favour one group of Companies ?
At least the 45 of us who had put their opinions and Sneha ji have performed our duties of expressing our thoughts . We can all go a step ahead in educating our kith and kind and Friends about this . So they also use their mind acumen in selecting the commodities . more
Yes, Many advertisements are misleading. Penalty to celebrities for misleading advertisements should be imposed, so that they will be choosy in selecting advertisements. more
To whomsoever it may concern.
It is a well known fact that Rhiti sports has been involved in various
financial dealings for the last nearly 2 decades. Courts have been very
forthright in punishing errant sportsmen for their sponsoring without
verifying misdeeds of their benefactors. Time will only tell what is to be
penalised and who has to pay what?
On Thu, 25 Jul 2019, 10:38 Sneha Goyal, <firstname.lastname@example.org
For the benefit of members, I think it would only be fair to give an account of what Dhoni has done before sending him to the verbal gallows.....Or, is media news taken for a fact ?
If anyone acts in an Ad for money, they cannot be expected to know the product quality and its authenticity. Many people work in companies which are involved in fraudulent activities.
Must Amitabh Bachchan vouch for the Chyawan Prash that he Ads for? more