Oddly even or Evenly odd
1) If a person has only one car, with even or odd number, then he/ she can travel only on alternate days by their own vehicle and rest of the days will have to take public transport or arrange some other means. What if the person stays in a remote area or place of work is far off or has no other option than traveling by personal vehicle?
2) A person may have two cars, one even and one odd, so he/ she can commute by car daily. Most of the high class Delhiites have more than two cars, and it is a common observation that only a single person is traveling by car.
3) People might start using fake number plates on large scale than what has been happening till now. They may even use number stickers.
4) If a person visits Delhi from another city, then he/ she will first have to think whether to come by even or odd numbered vehicle, which is not possible every time. Moreover the number of people traveling from nearby cities to Delhi for work on daily basis is so massive that keeping track will be difficult.
5) What about people requiring medical attention such as pregnant women, injured persons, aged people? They must not be made to face such botheration at that time.
Solutions to curb Pollution problem and to save fuel can be:
1) Firstly ban vehicles 15 years or older, on roads. This step is pending from past so many months. Why not implement it now?
2) Shifting focus on alternative fuels. Electric and solar panel cars are two of the many options.
3) Encouraging people to pool cars.
4) Switch off the ignition on red lights.
5) Enhanced Metro connectivity as well as security in public transport. more