Natural method to keep mosquitoes away
Shailesh Mehta, founder and CEO of Joybynature.com, shares a few natural and harmless ways to get rid of mosquitoes in your house:
* Neem oil acts as a great indoor mosquito-repellent owing to its smell that wards off mosquitoes. One can make an effective insecticide by mixing neem oil and coconut oil in equal proportion and rub it on the exposed parts of a body.
* Another natural method to keep mosquitoes at bay is to plant Tulsi near the window panes. The plant has properties that do not allow mosquitoes to breed.
* A mixture of lemon oil and eucalyptus oil is extremely effective in warding off mosquitoes naturally. Both have the active component cineole in it carrying antiseptic and insect repellent properties, which makes them effective when applied to the skin.
* Camphor is an easily available ingredient that kills mosquitoes in a house. Made from the extract of a tree, this compound has been found to have the longest mosquito repellent effect as compared to other natural products. Burning camphor in a closed room can be extremely effective in keeping mosquitoes at bay.
* Garlic might smell bad, but that is exactly why mosquitoes stay away. All you need to do is crush a few pods of garlic, boil them in water and spray the liquid in the room.
Giloy is helpful in building the immune system and papaya leaves cure dengue fever, an expert says.
Pankaj Aggarwal, from the capital-based Agrawal Homoe Clinic, has suggested some easy home remedies to control platelet loss and recovery from dengue fever.
* Giloy (herb): This is helpful in building the immune system, giloy stem marks immediate recovery when consumed in frequently during the fever. Boil two or three giloy stems for ten minutes and serve the patient for better immunity.
* Papaya leaves: The budding leaves of papaya tree cure dengue fever and helps in removing excess toxins from the body. The intake of its juice from crushed leaves can helpin rising the platelet count.
* Fenugreek leaves: Fenugreek leaves help in reducing the pain of the patient and help in restful sleep. It reduces the level of fever stabilizing the blood pressure and heartbeat of the patient.
* Goldenseal: The herb proves to be an excellent remedy for its ability to clear up the symptoms of the dengue fever. The leaf when consumed in form of juice helps in eliminating the dengue virus from the body strengthening the immunity of the body against its signs.