Need information on GST Registration

Hello members,

I plan to register myself as a Seller on an e-commerce website and hence, need to register for GST Certificate.

I have some doubts and hence would request you all to kindly assist me as to how can I go about.

Doubt # 1: My father owns a commerical space in Delhi and runs his business from there. I want to know if I can register my sole proprietorship business at that location. If yes, what option should I choose under "Nature of possession of premises" under "Principal Place of Business" while registering for GST on their portal.

Doubt # 2: I understand that I'd be needing a NOC from him and would like to know the format of the same and also whether the NOC can be printed on a simple paper and signed or do I need to get it notarized? more  

You can get a NOC from your Dad for use of the premises as he is the owner. There is no specific format for NOC. This can be on a plain paper. You need to select the "Consented" option for the place of business and attach the NOC along with the electricity bill not later than three months. more  
Thank you so much Lokesh ji - you've made a lot of things clear for me.

One last question, If I take GST Certificate on my residential address, doesn't it change the nature of the property from Residential to Commercial? Since business is being operated from a residential space now. Request you to kindly throw some light on this. more  
Great. So in that case you again have two options. If your Dad is the lessee of the property you can enter with him into a sub lease and attach that as proof as "RENTED/LEASED" along with the electricity bill or you can attach the original RENTAL Agreement along with NOC from your Father. In case the owner doesn't have any problem they can also issue NOC as the property is already under rent/lease. more  
Thank you Lokesh ji for the reply.

Another thing I wanted to ask - what if my father is a tenant and is a proprietor of a firm at that location. Now in this case from whom should I get the NOC done? My father or the landlord? more  
You can get his permission (noc ) on a plain sheet mentioning his ownership and your relation and attach the electricity bill of the premises. Thanks Sandeep more  
Write a Rental Agreement in Rs.20/- Stamp Paper. Place of Business as Rental GURUVEL- OPTIMA ADVISERY more  
get permissin from your father on Rs.50 stamp paper to use premises for business.that no objection. more  
NOC should be on the letterhead of your father. Please ensure property mutation is in his name. 1. You will have to select jurisdiction of gst office as applicable to your address. Nature of possession - Consent. Principal place of business - you have to decided. You can call me on my mobile 8240155106 for assistance. I am professional. I can handle your assignment if you so desire for fee. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • GST cancellation

      Nephew had applied for GST cancellation a couple of months back but continues to receive notices from GSTN for failure to file monthly return. His accountant tells him that GST office will not proc...

      By Naina Mittal
    • 7 years of GST

      7 years post the launch of GST I must tell you that most retail services businesses in India still evade it and Govt has failed to do anything. From ac repair fellow to caterers and from...

      By Sudesh Rai
    • Small Business and cost of compliance

      My cousin’s friend runs a local bakery in Goa. He accepts only CASH. No UPI/CC/Debit Card-- nothing! Logic: if he accepts anything in 'white', he will pay around...

      By Sudesh Rai
    • Does GST benefit rich

      Interesting how poor people and commoners pay GST on pretty much everything they buy from biscuits to namkeen, milk to grocery And rich buys iPhone, Luxury Cars, etc as Business Expenses...

      By Sudesh Rai
    • Wrong public priorities

      Cut & polished diamonds are charged 1.5% GST. Flour & curd are charged 5% GST. Diamond walas can fund politics but aate dahi doodh walas can’t?? Plea...

      By Sudesh Rai
    • Why is GST council losing it in a hurry

      The GST Council has recommended 5% GST on dairy items like pre- packed, pre-labeled curd, lassi and butter milk and increasing GST on dairy machinery and milking machines from 12% to 18%. This move...

      By Rohit Garg
    • GST rates need rethink

      Bicycle will attract a GST rate of 12%, but diamonds will attract only 0.25%. At a time when people aren't able to afford petrol & the poor are forced to commute on cycles, the govt charges 12%...

      By Ruchika L Maheshwari
    • Rainbow loan Customer care number 8158982100=9102124538

      Rainbow loan Customer care number 8158982100=9102124538 Rainbow loan Customer care number 8158982100=9102124538

      By Pathak Jeejjk
    • GST evasion

      The Private tutors and coaching classes runners should be registered by the local authorities like Panchayats, municipalities and metros through simple forms with names, addresses of operators, the...

      By Darshan Sharma
    • Over 6 lakh crore of ITC blocked

      Rs6.14 lakh crore as input tax credit (ITC) remains blocked under Rule 86A by the tax authorities without any due process being followed. Attached is data by state. Can LocalCircles take up this is...

      By Naina Mittal
    • My builder is claiming for recovery of GST amount.

      Dear All, I live in an affordable housing society under PMAY in Gurgaon for the past two years. Maintenance is supposed to be free for five years. Builder has increased CAM charges twic...

      By Gloria Joseph
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)