-When you consume food, the liver converts carbohydrates and sugar into glucose in the blood.
-When you do any activity , the muscles cells get energy from the glucose.
- cells have receptors that open up to receive the glucose.
- pancreas creates insulin ,a hormone, that opens the receptors so glucose can enter.
- when you don't indulge in any activity, the cells do not require energy from glucose and the receptors remain closed.
- when supply of glucose exceeds demands , it causes the pancreas to produce more insulin.
- But your receptors remain closed.
- you become insulin resistant.
- too much glucose is not good for the body. The liver converts it into fat.
- one such fat is Triglycerides . When there is too much Triglycerides in the , the liver converts that into cholesterol.
- the excess cholesterol in the blood causes High BP , which causes inflammation , resulting in plaque formation in the arteries. This is arteriosclerosis or vascular disease.
- Arteriosclerosis in the caratoid arteries ( in the neck) block flow of blood to the brain killing neurons ( brain cells ) which leads to dementia.
High Insulin Levels
- High Insulin Levels result in high levels of beta amaloid.
- beta amaloid is a peptide ( amino acid pieces of a protein.
- it gets into the brain and causes breakdown of neurons.
- the immune system recognises the damage and responds by sending macrophages to repair the damage.
- macrophages engulf and digest cellular debris. It releases cytosine which causes inflammation.
How Metabolic Syndrome causes Alzheimer's.
- High Insulin Levels result in High levels of Beta Amaloid.
- Beta Amaloid forms plaques and clumps in the spaces between the neurons. It also causes twists and tangles in the brain tissues.
- the plaques and tangles cause damage the synapses interfering with neurons to neurons communication.
- also results in death of neurons , the results of which are Alzheimer's.
Food Habits .
- Some food are loaded with fat and sugar. These are the foods to avoid. Replace them with foods that have less processing and high fiber.
- Japanese in Japan have very low rates of dementia and Alzheimer's. They also have lower rates of cancer and diabetes.
- That is because they eat diets rich in unprocessed plant food and fish.
- Whereas , Japanese living in America eat diets rich in refined carbohydrates , sugar , red meat. They have higher rates of dementia, and Alzheimer's, in addition to higher rates of cancer.
- Gradually replace sugar/ fatty foods with less processing and high fiber food. Initially it will not taste good, but you will get used to it . more