Issues with Mobile Services - Inputs Sought
With this post, we would like to seek inputs on all issues faced by you in the last 6 months. Kindly share with as much detail as possible.
We will then have a separate discussion on solutions and take up the common grievances and solutions with the appropriate stakeholders.
We look forward to your inputs!
Dept of Consumer Affairs more
I have Airtel (9900540419) as my service provider since long years with post paid service. Since May 2019 cycle, I have had serious call drop and internet not working issue. This is with area code Bangalore – 560078. I had spoken with Airtel customer service officer and also written mails to get the service rectified. They have again and again written back and also promised over telephone that the team is working on issue and will be corrected. I had paid my May19 bill even after facing serious issue of call drop, no internet. I pay a premium rate of INR 800+ where now a days get connection at INR 100+. As a long standing customer I had payed my May19 bill in good faith. Please note all these years I have never missed my bill payment.
From June19 when the Airtel did not keep up the promise I told them I am not paying the bill and asked them to allow me to port the number to different service provider as it was hurting my day to day business. Here in my area both Jio and Vodafone has been working fine. All my day to day business I had survived using my wife phone thinking that Airtel would fix the issues.
While they have not fixed the issue did not allow me to port the number and continued to send bills asking me to pay. Which is kind of cheating and also harassment to a customer.
Note: If they were not capable enough to fix the issue they could have told me to switch to a different service provider instead of hurting my day to day business communication.
1) As they knew that there is issue and the service would be disrupted for long should have communicated to customer to find different service provider.
2) Once they are unable to rectify the problem and no service they shouldn’t be asking money for the period.
3) As it was main number for the family Airtel should have been sensitive in allowing the number to be ported to different service provider instead of troubling us.
4) Now daily get harassment calls from Airtel team on bill payment and every month they are just adding the month on month bill without allowing me to port and nor they have disconnected as mentioned by them. They are trying to extort money from customer by keeping the number under their control.
5) Even after 3 months of follow-up not getting any help from the senior officials of Airtel for porting.
I want my number to be ported out immediately as the entire problem lies with Airtel.
Also, I had raised this grievance with consumerhelpline and the grievance numbers are 1417048, 1411522 and 1453030. I have not received any solution other than update form Airtel which is not helping and continue to trouble my family as this is the main mobile number. more
Like other national profit making organisations the BSNL is also fading out. more