Issues with Loyalty Programs
As a result of this exercise, we would like to better understand if there are any systemic changes that must be made to improve the functioning of loyalty programs in India. more
If you go to get the service of MakemyTrip, therein you get instant discount of Rs 250/- and if you are using say 1000 points from your Payback card you get same discount of Rs.250/- but you can use only one type of discount. This is wrong. Payback points are earned by being loyal whereas instant discount is for everyone. So both discounts should be available for the loyal clients.
Below is my positive feedback:
1. I had been a frequent flier and used to hold domestic as well as international airline loyalty card. With these cards I used to get free upgrades, free lounge access at the airports, extra allowance for baggage, special counters for check in, free travel miles which could be utilized to get air tickets on that particular airline and also in the member airlines, miles could be used to pay for carrying extra baggage and also I could use those for shopping. I was getting preferential treatment during boarding and seating as well. I was not any extra amount for the ticket than my co passengers.
2. I am getting lot of goodies (digital cameras, LED etc) on the petro card(Bharat) paying nothing other than for the fuel. No hassles at all in exchanging the points.
3. BSNL landline phone rewards can be used to get extra call time. Similarly Aircel points can be used for free call time. You need not pay for getting these points other than the normal bill or charge.
4. I used to get 5 % discount on super market shopping and utilize special counter for the members.
5. Get discount and annual gift from the Jeweler for being the loyal customer.
6. Peter England has special discount for its members. more
Instead the company can extend financial benefits in shape of cash discount from the future bill. more