Input Tax Credit scams continue in GST

The Govt is behind on catching miscreants and must figure out a better way to track down input tax credit frauds.

One of the popular ways of generating fake invoices is setting up of fake companies to which businesses issue invoices for sales or by issuing invoices to companies within the group or known persons for sales. Issuing invoices allows them to claim input tax credit.

Companies have to file annual returns only by June 30, 2019 which then gets extended to November every year and these are likely to be taken up for scrutiny only by 2020 or 2021.

By then, many of these companies would have shut down or vanished.

We must suggest a way to the Govt because so far it seems to be struggling more  

View all 7 comments Below 7 comments
Once 2A matching is started all such fake will gone. For Election they are not doing strict vigilance. But finding them is far easy at click computers can provide list of Fraudsters. more  
@ SUBHASH PARAKH Your last post is unclear, but perplexing . In case what you refer to, and your allegation of falsification of documentation (i.e.fake bills) is aginst the realtor, - NOT THE BUYER whom i have referred to as the ággrieved',- then that is all the more reason why the realtor has exposed himself to stringent legal action under the 'ánti-profiteering' Rule !

From my side, think have sufficiently clarified my views; have nothing more to add !

courtesy more  
All should be caught and recover all money with big fine.
Fear of punishment only help to stop illegal activity. more  
Of course that is bound to so continue, unless and until every aggreived decides to take the 'unruly bull' by its horns. For inspiration, if so looking for, look up FEED -Input supplied thouugh the Post ON FB @; and, within, >…/gst-on-realty-supple…

courtesy more  
Where is the aggrieved party. The fellow has purchased fake bills paying only 2 percen for 18 percent GST. Do not hav esoft corner for such fraudsters. more  
The aim of input tax credit was to ensure more and more traders register under GST. However government under estimated the ingenuity of businessmen. Therefore the solution is to remove input tax credit and reduce GST rates to ensure the end consumer is required to pay a reasonable amount of GST.
To give an example if GST rate on Cement is 5% and GST rate on a residential flat in a building with OC is 5% then the total GST impact for a consumer will be 10%. more  

Related Posts

    • Trucks doing 20% more post GST

      CEOs of logistics companies are saying that their trucks which were earlier travelling 300-350 kms per day are now doing 400-420 kms per day. This is great news. Can folks in business who ship thi...

      By Sridhar Mohan
    • GST penalty refund


      By Jayakumar Venkataraman
    • Move to 2 GST rate structure

      The survey of localcircles itself is saying that people want 2 gst rates 5% and 18% (attached) The present Govt's manifesto says ...

      By Naina Mittal
    • What is the use of Details of CGST, SCGST & IGST on TAX INVOICE to a Customer (B2C)?

      I have a retails store. We issue Tax Invoice to our customers who pay by cash or by Electronic transfer(B2C). For those who provide us with their GSTIN we provide them Tax Invoice with their GST d...

      By Anshu Kumar
    • Is GST payable when the Merchant is paying the interest in a credit card EMI

      I purchased an item from Tata Cliq for Rs.23990 and I opt for No Cost EMI as offered by Tata Cliq. I used my credit card to pay the installments. Initially, the credit card has deducted 23040 from ...

      By Debasis Bagchi
    • Taxes on Bills . is it tax exempt-able on consumer end!

      In our each spends, it has CGST, SGST for tax and GSTIN number available on each bills, for tax exemption can we give that to an extend to get those amount refund/ to have the benefit of consumer ...

      By Venkat Raj
    • Is GST Site very slow or almost not responsive?

      Is GST Site very slow or almost not responsive?


      Can some one please clarify how the billing is to be done for an electrical panel which has many electrical components installed in it? Do we have to mention all the components in the panel or we c...

    • How GST frauds are taking place

      Lots of circular trading and input tax credits. Read attached.

      By Naina Mittal
    • Gst relief for small business

      The scope of the GST Composition Scheme, under which small traders and businesses pay a small tax based on turnover rather than value addition, was raised to Rs 1.5 crore from Rs 1 crore. Also exem...

      By Sridhar Mohan
Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)