Exorbitant charges in Hospitals
1. Firstly why is there a difference in charges when you have taken a mediclaim policy.
2. The treatment and doctor fees and other charges vary as you opt for semi private from general, or private from semi private, a/c extra. What has the patient comfort to do with the variation of charges. The patient is same , treatment and doctors same the why do the rates vary.
3. Administrative charges, charged other than regular billing charges. What are these charges??
4. In house doctor visit charges, Staff(nurse) visit charges etc. and many more charges.
5. When you opt for treatment and admit the patient room charges must include all the in house charges.
This is mere cheating and looting the needy.
Isn't it a corruption in a different type. more
There is no machinery to stop hospitals from overcharging except for going to Consumer Forums. Consumer Forums have also become expensive as lawyers are allowed to represent their clients. In extreme cases one has no option but to go to Consumer Forum. more