EPF Scheme certificate

I have obtained scheme certificate upon resigning form a company about 10 years back. Later I have joined new company and covered with EPF facility. But earlier obtained scheme certificate is not submitted to my present employer. Now I intend to leave the present company. I intend to take scheme certificate of My EPF instead of transfer of my present EPF money to my new establishment PF Account.
Do I need to submit the earlier obtained scheme certificate to my present employer in order to take the scheme certificate from the present EPF A/C ? Please enlighten me more  

The earlier scheme certificate can be produced to the EPFO, at the time of superannuation or at the time of availaing reduced pension at the age of 50. In the case of EPF settlement from the new company another scheme certificate incorporating the pension details of that company shall be obtained separatelyl. All such scheme certificates can be combined and submitted to EPFO at the time of settlement for claiming EPF pension or in case of any emergency for the member can be used for claiming dependants pension. more  
Usually all such queries should be clarified during your final interview with the new company executives,so that immediate actions can be taken. more  
Thanks a lot Radhakrishnan Sir. more  
I am not an accounts person. My understading of PF issues, especially in the context of Private sector coompanies is like this. Goevrnment created PF - to protect employees- for their future use. Large public sector companies, banks etc - which are owned by the Goevrnment itself - are robust and hence allowed to retain teh PF funds deducted from employees. However tehy have to ahve a PF department and they are given directive to invest in Government securities, bonds etc and may be for their working capital etc- % are all fixed. Any deviation is looked upon strictly. They can'tt invets in equity, mutual funds and gambling etc. May be large private sectors like TATAs, Infosys might be having similar permission. So tehy are supposed to act responsibly. Otehr private sectors are supposed to deposit money deducted every month with PF Commissioner's offce established under Sate/ Centarl Government. Any default in depositing monthly is a crime and ca lead to jail term. However companies- which are not so well of or market is down, sales are not good, take a chance- by deducting from employees and using it for their working capital. This may not be correct legally- but even judiciary/ police are also a bit human and do not take it seriously- until it reaches a flashpoint. Right now India is passing through a recessation and hence Government amy be a bit liberal. Companies will give excuses- but here is the truth. But if excuse is being given for 5 to 10 years (when economy was doing well)- tehn it is a seriosu matter. There are Chartered accountants, lawyers who are more kowledgeable and can give better answers. more  
You need not submit scheme certificate to your present employer, but keep it in safe custody. After attaining the age of 58 yrs, you can submit scheme certificate to EPFO for pension. Similarly, you can submit earlier obtained scheme certificate(s) to EPFO for cumulative pension benefits. Thanks. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Recovering EPF Payment grievance

      I have EPF payment due for my service as on Dec2019, due to certain personal reasons I could not take up further employment and I attempted to get back the payment due to me in December 2012 but th...

      By Nishith Kumar Mukherjee


      By Satyapal Singh
    • Withdrawl of PF

      I lost my job after May 2020. I want to withdraw my PF but I am unable to do same because my company has been liquidated n the IRP appointed by NCLT has not authorized anyone as authorize signatory...

      By Ravi Rai
    • EPFO may fund startups

      The EPFO should note that it is a custodian of the money which people who are saving for the retirement. You are not supposed to behave like a financier to fund startups.

      By Satvik Singh
    • Scheme certificate cancellation from RPFO Delhi- central

      I had submitted Scheme certificate at RPFO cuddapah at the time of submisstion of Form 10D for EPF monthly pension in the year 2017. RPFO cuddapah sent letter to RPFO Delhi-North asking cancellat...

      By K R S S Murty
    • Your EPF claim.

      Can you share your EPF Account number? (State/Organisation code number / your account no).

      By MANDALIKA Surya Narayana Sastry
    • EPF not claimed from 1996

      Sir, I was working in a pvt ltd company in 1996 with whom I have my EPF dues. How can I get my EPF now and to whom to contact to know the procedure? Thanks & Regards

      By Debabrata Nayak
    • EPFO has some fraudsters need audit

      Officers tend to form nexus with crooks to fraudulently withdraw PF money from dormant or active accounts. This case in Mumbai is concerning and I have a feeling we have hundreds of such cases acro...

      By Satvik Singh
    • Online withdrawal rejection

      I had UAN linked to Aadhaar/PAN/bank account but still online request got rejected showing same account linked to other UAN etc (my old UAN before new EPFO portal came up). God knows what can ...

      By Shibdas Mallick
    • Change in pension withdrawal rules coming

      Soon, the EPFO will allow withdrawal of pension contribution only after 2 years of exiting from your previous job. Right now, pension sum can be withdrawn after 2 months of leaving a job.

      By Satvik Singh
    • EPF policies are disincentivising honest tax payer

      PF tax rules change from April. Employee contributions to PF above ₹ 2.5 lakh p.a. will be taxed.. So anyone who earns more than ₹20.83 lakhs p.a. will attract interest on EPF contribut...

      By Satvik Singh
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)