Eligibility for Family pension

I applied for withdrawal of PF in the year 2004 after I started working abroad from the year 2002. My last contribution to PF was in Aug 2002. Subsequently, I got my PF in the year 2005 from Mumbai circle.

Now that I have attained 60 years and I am back in India, am I eligible for Family pension? more  

View all 11 comments Below 11 comments
Mr. subba rayappa, i think you cannot get any family pension. it is a scheme for those who have contributed to the family pension scheme and the contribution is retained with the PF office. in your case you seem to have withdrawn the entire amount. If they have retained the family pension part with them, you have to get. i advise you to go to the nearest PF office with whatever documents you may have and discuss. it is one of the few departments non-corrupt. good luck. more  
Thanks GK et al. Based on backup documents available with me I am giving further info as below: 1) Yes I had applied in both form 19 and 10C. EPFO remitted an amount presumably the PF on 4th March 2005. However, EPFO wrote a letter to my employer dated 2nd May 2005 (copied to me) which states that Form 10C is returned herewith/kept pending for the following reasons... 'Estt has paid only PF dues up to 2/01 hence EPF claims will not be settled until full payment received from the Estt'. 2) FYI, date of joining the Estt - 16th Aug 1995 Date of leaving the Estt - 11th Aug 2002 3) Based on the copy of the aforesaid letter (2nd May 2005), I had sent a letter to EPFO through Speed post dated 25th June 2007 (delayed reply due to my working abroad) seeking info of PF dues settled so far and up to what date the Estt has paid PF dues to EPFO. But I did not receive any response from EPFO. Pl throw some more light. more  
HI, To answer your question need the following information from your end. Date of joining of your last company and date of leaving of your company. While applying o or got the withdrawal from PF will you get EPF and EPS . Or you have applied the claim form is 19 and 10C or just form 19 only. If its both the forms then you have withdrawn your pension fund also hence, no pension. IF its only form 19 and you have completed the 9 years and 9 months then you are eligible for Pension. Thanks GK more  
EPS-95 came into effect 16.11.1995. You were member for roughly 6 and half years. You left job and went to abroad. Prio to 1995 when did you start you employment? Whether you were a member of FPF-71 is not clear. When you applied for withdrawl in 2004, have you obtained any certificate of contribution from EPFO? If so you can apply for pension. You pension will be regulated on attaining the age of 58 but at a reduced rate. more  
After completion of ten years and wont have any EPF withdraw is entitled to get EPF Pension. provided you should have enrolled in EPF scheme. Then and then you can get Pension. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)