ecommerce guidelines and apps - feedback
1) App Taxis - UBER - I had created an account on the app with my mobile number as soon as the service was launched, but did not use Uber. When tried using the service, I got a message that my account was closed and my mobile number declared as "fraudulent" by their computer. I have hence not used their service ever, but have been maligned by them;
2) Food Delivery - DOMINOS PIZZA - My house (in Bangalore) is located within proximity of 3 of their outlets, but falls short of their 'delivery radius' by 200 meters. Hence no door-delivery and if I so desire to order, I need to stand at the last delivery point and take delivery, like Tirupati laddoo!
3) Online Travel - all travel sites expect you to select and book the flight tickets in one login. If you don't complete the booking and login once more, the same flight tickets will cost you more. Sites like IRCTC tend to 'freeze' thus forcing you to login and enter all the details all over again and you could end up with a wait-listed ticket, whereas the accommodation was 'available' when you first logged in;
4) Streaming content - SONY LIV - at the start of the recent India v/s West Indies series, I logged on to the Sony Liv site (onscreen), paid the 30-day subscription but never got the login credentials for viewing their 'premium' content, which included the live stream of the matches. Since it was on-screen transaction, I have no documentary proof of this failed attempt, except the payment confirmation which is not sufficient to lodge a complaint
5) EPharma - MEDLIFE - I ordered a medicine after uploading the prescription, got a confirmation, made the payment only to be informed that the item was not in stock and hence order was cancelled by Medlife and refund was initiated. While I got my money back, I am expecting delivery of life-saving medicine. Beats me how their online system can confirm the order and accept money from the customer without having stock!
6) Misc Services - HOUSEJOY - called them for a/c repairs and their representative only came to tell me that gas was less and that I need to lodge a fresh complaint for getting the technician to top-up the gas, but the service charges have to paid for this 'evaluation' visit. So, Housejoy collects money for the assessment, whether or not I actually use their service - obviously I didn't. Ideally, they should encourage the customer to use their services by deducting the service charges for the evaluation from the bill for actual services
10) Event ticketing - BOOKMYSHOW - if I book online, I get charged both the ticket price and a 'convenience fee' whereas, I can pay cash/card at the cinema house counter and pay only the ticket amount, and for which they have to pay for staff, space, resources and print the physical ticket. In fact, they offer a lower price for online tickets - so much for 'Digtal India' ! more
I buy online medicines from NetMeds. They show the availability on screen before placing the order and does not accept orders for unavailable medicines.
I use both Cleartrip and Makemytrip. The ticket prices vary with time. It is a phenomenon from the booking status of the airlines. I have got reduced price also.
Convenience fees charged for all purchases like air tickets, cinema tickets are really not acceptable in this digital era. I agree with you on this. more
1 Uber n Ola both do this...just write email explaining the issue..am sure they might correct it
2 same.. write an email to dominos customer care explaining that three centres are there in your vicinity
4 for Sony live transaction if you have capture the screenshot of the payment made for the transaction just post the same to the sonyliv customer care... Am sure that they don't mind giving you one month subscription
5 I have no experience with med life,
I have often bought from pharmeasy and netmeds they will not take the payment until they confirm the stocks from the delivery agent near your home
So you can switch to these online apps
6 that is bad from house joy you need to talk once there customer care explaining all about the situation
7 yes Book my show charges convenience fee... I often feel that charges are too high but they also give out offers like buy one get get one ticket.. 100 off on a ticket and selected cards there is even free ticket too more