E-Commerce Sites in India
Request you to provide inputs related to key issues faced by consumers with Ecommerce sites in India.
Once we understand the issues, we will root cause them and identify solutions that can be taken to the various Ministries and Departments for implementation.
Our objective is to have a consumer oriented E-Commerce industry in India.
I look forward to you inputs!
Rajendra Pratap Gupta more
1. Products once received are found to be faulty.
2. No quality assurance, no guarantee for product color, texture, even the features promised not found at times.
3. No service centre to meet anyone face to face.
4. Coupons given at times as package deal many times expires date.
5. Advantage is taken of the absence of any redressal mechanism even local office to complain. more
2.This authority will be enforcing authority related with E-Commerce.
3.There should be certificate of the product regarding the quality & quality assurance are to be provided by the manufacturer of that product.
4.All the E product should have a service center in all the District towns.
5.All E Commerce sites will be responsible for any bad product supplied by them. more
1. Products sold using fake company identity (browsed through one product using Bajaj Inc where as it has no connection with Bajaj)
2. Lies in offers; I can quote two instances:
a. Ebay: Got coupons quoting expiry date of a later date; when I tried to redeem it, the company responded saying it has already expired.
b. Ola Cabs: Got a coupon which did not mention any TnC in the mail but when redeeemed first the customer care suggested to go ahead with transaction and assured resolution by support. Later support says that TnC applies and is not valid for some transactions. more