1. STB can be purchased from the market. In case buying from the operator, the operator has to offer the same with 3 options to be exercised by the subscriber. a) Outright purchase b) Rental and c) hire purchase basis.
2. If the consumer is not satisfied with the services rendered by the operator, the consumer shall be free to opt out and the operator shall allow the consumer to surrender the STB after deduction not exceeding 25% for each half year or part of it.( STB on rental and hire purchase scheme)
3. A minimum warranty of one year for STB on outright purchase. No charges towards repair and maintenance of STB during entire period of rental and hire-purchase scheme.
4. A maximum amount of Rs. 130/- per month can be charged in which a minimum of 100 channel which are FTA has to be offered by the operator.
5. The consumer has the option to subscribe the channels on a la-carte basis or bouquet of channel. The rates for any channel on a-la-carte basis cannot exceed 3 times the average channel rate of each bouquet.
6. If the services to a subscriber has been discontinued by the operator, no charges for the period for which services remain discontinued shall be payable. Even the charges for STB shall not be payable.
7. In case the installation and activation of STB is delayed beyond two working days after completion of all formalities by the subscriber, a rebate of of Rs. 15/- per day for first 5 day delay and Rs. 10/- per day for delay beyond 5 days shall be offered to the subscribers.
8. All the complaints are to be responded within 8 hrs of receipt of the complaint if received during working hours. Complaint received during the night shall be attended next day.
9. The customer care number has to be toll free number and has to remain open from 08.00 to 00.00 hrs. 80% the calls have to be answered by the customer care within 20 seconds. There has to be option to speak to the customer care instead of IVR menu.
10. The operator cannot change the composition of package during first six month period. If the channel is not available, the operator shall reduce the prices equivalent to a-la-carte price of the channel from the date of discontinuance of the channel.
11. The complaint of 'no-signal' shall be resolved within 24 hrs. Similarly the billing or over charging complaints are to be resolved within seven days.
12. The complaint if escalated to nodal officer due to non-resolution at customer care level need to be resolved within 10 days of the receipt of the complaint. more