Delhi Traffic Alert and Advisory
TRAFFIC ALERT - LICENSE SUSPENSION
Delhi Traffic Police has started implementing the directions of Supreme Court Committee on Road Safety strictly from 15-12-2015.
Driving licence of traffic offenders of the following violations will be seized on the spot by police & suspended for at least 3 months.
1. Over speeding (Fine Rs. 400 for first offence & Rs. 1000 subsequently).
2. Red light jumping(Fine Rs.100 for first time & Rs. 300 subsequently).
3. Drunken driving (Court challan. Magistrate may impose fine upto Rs 2000 & jail upto 6 months for first offence and Rs 3000 and jail upto 2 years).
4. Using mobile phone while driving(Fine Rs.1000 for the first time and Rs. 2000 subsequently).
5. Carrying persons on goods vehicle(Fine Rs.100 for first time & Rs. 300 subsequently).
Those driving without helmet or without seat belt will be fined Rs. 100 for first time & Rs. 300 subsequently. They will also have to undergo counselling for two hours.
Please follow traffic rules for your own safety and the safety of other road users.
Delhi Traffic Police wants you safe.
Dr. Muktesh Chander
Special Commissioner Traffic Delhi
TRAFFIC ADVISORY (FOG)
The city of Delhi is experiencing foggy weather due to winter season. It becomes imperative on the part of all motorists to follow certain precautions to avoid accidents and related injuries. Motorists are advised to observe to take following measures to cope up with fog:-
• Know your destination and plan the route before you set out.
• Keep vehicle in good condition. Make sure everything is in working order, especially lights, brakes, tyres, windscreen wipers, radiator, battery and car heating system.
• It possible keep a high visibility jacket and torch in the car so that you can see and be seen in case to get out of the car.
• Keep safe distance and avoid tail-gating.
• Drive with lights on low beam, High beams get reflected back in the fog and impair visibility. Turn on fog lights if visibility is reduced (less than 100 meters).
• Reduce speed and slow down, watch speedometer, don’t drive beyond headlights.
• During fog and occasional rain, road could be slippery. One should be careful on slippery roads.
• Honk periodically to let other drivers know your presence.
• Do not attempt to overtake other vehicles.
• Use the right edge of the road or painted road markings/central divider as a guide and be patient.
• One needs to keep an eye on the road and use one’s ears more carefully to judge traffic that cannot be seen.
• Turn of music and don’t eat, drink, smoke while driving.
• Do not stop on a freeway or busy roads.
• It fog is very thick, it is best to pull over somewhere safe and wait for the fog to diminish.
All motorists are advised to follow these precautions for their own safety as well as the safety of other road users.
( Dr. Muktesh Chander )
Special Commissioner of Police,
Traffic : Delhi. more