Coronavirus hiding in human ear
A team of otolaryngologists and pathologists discovered that the coronavirus can comfortably settle in the middle ear and the mastoid region of the head behind the ear, which contains several hollow spaces believed to cushion it against trauma and protect the middle and inner ear.
Doctors autopsied three patients who had tested positively for coronavirus and were symptomatic for Covid-19 prior to their death.
They noted that there may be many other factors and comorbidities that affect the colonization of the mastoid and middle ear with coronavirus and these may differ in the living host. more
* wash hands and face . Now we can include washing hands also .
* Gargle in saline warm water .
* Steam inhalation ( add some mild antiseptic like eucalyptus oil or vicks )
The last 2 will be helpful in preventing the virus entering from the mouth ,throat via the eustachian tube ( the hollow tube that connects throat to the inner ear ) . This activity will prevent any transmission of virus from throat to ear .
So we have to follow the 3 major advice of specialists ,whether infected or not ,bug prevent: - Boost the immunity
- Reduce self to Virus load ( wearing mask etc.)
- Throw the virus out of lungs and the airway passages ( squeeze the lungs exhaling forcefully with Pranayama - kapalbthy ) more