Contamination of Food - Inputs Needed on Solutions
Contamination of Food Products – Root Causes
1. No regulating authorities to watch over the sweet shops and dairies
2. Companies have become extremely profit oriented
3. The quality control in factories is not up to the mark
4. Vendors use chemicals on fruits and vegetables to make them ripe faster
5. There is a blatant disregard for the importance of human life
6. The Food Safety Officers collude with the vendors and do not take action against them
7. There is no fear in the mind of adulterers
8. Businessmen are unable to see the larger perspective of ethics and code of conduct.
Contamination of Food Products - Key Issues
1. Many sweets at the Indian sweet shops are contaminated
2. The paneer and khoya available at dairies are contaminated
3. Cases of contamination of packaged milk have come up recently
4. Fruits and vegetables are treated with chemicals which makes them contaminated
5. Turmeric powder is contaminated with methanyl yellow which is a banned substance
6. Fish gets contaminated due to the chemical waste disposed in the rivers
7. Red chilli powder is contaminated with brick powder
8. Many mineral water bottles available in the market are contaminated. more
EVEN WE DON'T BOTHER EVER TO READ THE EXPIRY DATE, NUTRITION VALUE. THERE ARE FOLLOWING PERTINENT ISSUES NEVER EVER EXPLAINED BY THE MINISTRY OF FOOD AND ALSO MIN, OF HEALTH, CONSUMER AFFAIRS.
-WHAT IS THE AUTHENTICITY OF ANY "AGMARK" OR IS CERTIFICATES? IN COUNTRY LIKE OURS EVEN SUCH CERTIFICATION CAN BE OBTAINED BY PAYING BRIBE, CANNOT BE RULED OUT.
- THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE PRINTED ON EACH PACKS , WHO ISSUES IT? WHO GETS THOSE FOOD VALUES CERTIFICATE?
DO YOU THINK THOSE "BHUJIA" AND "SONPAPDI" MANUFACTURER EVER GET IT TESTED ? WHERE ARE SUCH LABORATORIES?
CAN ANY ONE EXPLAINED ME IN THE UNIVERSE WHICH COW OR BUFFALO EVER GIVE MILK WITH SLIM MILK- WITH 1-2 % FAT, SHAKTI MILK-WITH 4-5% FAT OR GOLD MILK-WITH 6% FAT- ONLY?
THEN HOW THE DAIRIES WERE ALLOWED TO DO SO?
IT IS BY PROCESSING THEY REMOVE THE FAT AND THEN ADJUST THE PERCENTAGE, SO HOW GOOD IS THAT MILK HEATH WISE, WHO KNOWS THAT OTHER NATURAL INGREDIENTS ARE NOT GETTING REMOVED ALONG WITH THAT MILK FAT-CREAM-?
SO INSTEAD OF PRINTING PROCESSING DATE WHY THEY WRITE USED BY?IN EARLY DAYS THE DAIRIES WERE SIMPLY PASTEURIZING THE MILK AND SELLING IT IN BOTTLES, SO WHY IN BLINDLY COPYING IT ALL SUCH FROM ABROAD?
-EVEN THE USED BY OR BEST BEFORE PRINTED ON ANY FOOD ITEMS PACK SOLID OR LIQ. WHY THIS IS ALLOWED, WHY NOT EXPIRY DATE LIKE ON EACH MEDICINE PACKS?
- WHO AND WHEN THOSE SHELF LIFE STUDIES WERE MADE/ AND WHO CHECKS AND CERTIFIES IT?
- THOSE FOOD INGREDIENTS PRINTED ON EACH SUCH ITEMS PACKS, IN CODE WORD LIKE" CONTAINS PERMITTED COLOR, STABILIZERS, WHO CAN UNDERSTAND IT? BY WHICH STANDARDS IT IS PERMITTED?
- LIKE THESE THERE ARE MILLIONS OF LOOPHOLES IN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM, THERE IS NO SYSTEM TO REVIEW IT AND OUR INDIAN STANDARDS ARE SIMPLY COPIED FROM COUNTRIES LIKE USA FDA WE NEVER EVER HAVE OUR OWN STANDARDS IN INDIAN CONDITIONS.AND NEVER GETS UPDATED.
I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE CONCERN MINISTRIES , FORUMS, PUBLISHED SOME ARTICLES IN OUR LOCAL NEWS PAPERS BUT LIKE THIS FORUM HOW MANY READS AND REACTS TO IT IS A BIG QUESTION, SIR.
"ONLY RAM BHAROSE" more