Consumer Courts - Inputs on Key Issues
2)The functioning of Consumer Forums/ State Commission is now full of legal complicalities & a complainant fighting his case himself suffers a lot to the extent of sometimes loosing his genuine case as he is not aware of such formalities.
3)When a person files a complaint & the opponent files his say why again filing of written arguments should be insisted? Usually same things are repeated. We can thus save time,paper etc... if this is avoided.
4)If in State Commission quasi judicial single member bench takes care of admission of all Complaints/Appeals/Revision Petition/Execution Application/First Appeals etc..., Consumer representative member/s(1 or 2) take care of acceptance of say, appointment of Court Commission & all such procedures prior to the stage of Final Arguments, then The President & two other members will be able to totally concentrate on hearing & the matters will be disposed off in the time frame set in CPA of 1986.
5) It should be made mandatory on the Presidents to dictate their judgement on the matters heard before them prior to retirement/ Transfer. Consumers are suffering for 8/10 months as such matters are listed before new bench for rehearing after a gap of six months. more
2. What is the website for Consumer Courts, mention correct Address of all Consumer Courts.
3. Please upload samples for reference to file a case in Consumer Court.
4. Mention Step by step process to file a case in Consumer Court and how to get its logical end.
Once above points are available we should also have below mentioned points:
1. Appointment of Consumer Court Judges should be transparent. I heard that Govt appoint Retired Govt officials as Consumer Court Judges. If your appointment is not serious, then what can we expect as serious outcome??
2. If Consumer wins a case but, company doesnt follow the order of Consumer Court. We should have VERY harsh punishment e.g. Jail for 5 yrs and 10 times of actual penalty.
3. At present Consumer Court awards only loss amount with 6% interest and legal cost. This is good for nothing for consumer and no lesion for defaulter company. Make punishment at least 10 times of product/services cost and give deadline to full fill the order. If Companies dont meet deadline, su moto without any further hearing Companies officer should be jailed and penalty should be made again 10 times of actual penalty.
4. TAT of case closure should not be more than 3 months. more