namely English ivy (Hedera helix)
Spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum)
Golden pothos or Devil's ivy (Scindapsus aures or Epipremnum aureum)
Peace lily (Spathiphyllum 'Mauna Loa')
Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema modestum)
Bamboo palm or reed palm (Chamaedorea sefritzii)
Snake plant or mother-in-law's tongue (Sansevieria trifasciata'Laurentii')
Heartleaf philodendron (Philodendron oxycardium, syn.Philodendron cordatum)
Selloum philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum, syn.Philodendron selloum)
Elephant ear philodendron (Philodendron domesticum)
Red-edged dracaena (Dracaena marginata)
Cornstalk dracaena (Dracaena fragans 'Massangeana')
Janet Craig dracaena (Dracaena deremensis 'Janet Craig')
Warneck dracaena (Dracaena deremensis 'Warneckii')
Weeping fig (Ficus benjamina)
Gerbera daisy or Barberton daisy (Gerbera jamesonii)
Pot mum or florist's chrysanthemum (Chrysantheium morifolium)
Rubber plant (Ficus elastica) more
when in homes:
- when we stay indoors in our homes : in our homes as well, there are many pollutants which can be caused due to our own ignorance and we do not take enough precautions. Most of the pollution in the homes is from cooking in the kitchen. To avoid the pollutants entering the house from kitchen, we should use chimneys on the gas cookers so that all gases from burning of LPG and oil smoke etc are exhausted through smoke filters. Also get your LPG burner cleaned to ensure complete burning of LPG so that obnoxious carbon monoxide gas is not generated from incomplete combustion.
- Do not allow any one in your home to smoke in the house, let him go out to smoke.
- Do not enter your house with shoes, plan for a shoe rack preferably outside your house ( as is done in Japan and many other countries)
- Try to open the windows and doors for at least one hour in early morning when the pollution in atmospheric is the least, so that air within your home gets refreshed.
- You can also consider using air purifiers in the house which circulate the inside air through a filter which can remove most of the pollen in air. Good quality of such devices are available of foreign make, may also be available in India now.
- Grow some indoor plants in the balconies which purify the outside air before it enters the house.
- While travelling in car, keep your windows closed and run the fan/air conditioners which have built in filters. While driving on highways where there is no traffic jam, you can open the air vent of the car A/C so that more fresh air enters the car, while if you are in a traffic jam, switch it to total re-circulation of internal air.
Last but not the least, let each one of us do our part in maintaining the ecological balance in nature. more
It is indeed a burning and serious question. We cannot control pollution, as long as there no governmental will and public, including all of us, are self disciplined. I respect the statement of our ex president Mr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, who said "don't ask what India will do for you, ask yourself what you will do to India" then India will take u turn.
I can vouch that people in big and expensive cars throw all dirt in Yamuna, kitchen waste in the open yard next their own house, throw that from the car by just opening windows!!! can you beat that??
They are supposed to be educated and elite!!
Those are just two angles. There are so many other factors to be discussed and discussed.
For now, please get up in the morning and earn best what one can for ones own health. Early in the morning, now that summers are on, do all kinds of pranayams and if done in all seriousness and devoution, there is no replacement to this. Body's own immune systems get rejuvenated at all respective ages, as the body would need and make every system energetic and keep as far away from pollution as possible. This is my personal experience in the last nearly just eight months.
You can intersperse all these pranayams - 7 to 8 over a period of 30mnts to 1hr. We have so much of learning material over the net. I can bet that in just one month you will yourself feel the difference. ONE MOST UNDERLYING CONDITION - JUST STAY FOCUSSED AND THAT WILL CONTROL THE MIND, it will improve blood circulation, metabolic systems et al.
I had been doing all yogic functions for over 40 years, with more focussed work, I can see a sea of difference within me and that is why I am so vociforous about this.
Try and share your experiences to all.
Thanks and all the best more