1. Apply a little butter to the cut side of a cheese wedge to make sure it doesn't dry out.
2. Store potatoes with a few apples, this will stop them from sprouting.
3. As for mushrooms, these you should store in a paper bag, not a plastic one, to keep it fresh.
4. If you keep milk in the fridge door, it will go bad sooner than if you had put it in the middle of the fridge.
5. Wrap lettuce in tin foil to keep it fresh and crisp for much longer.
6. Rinse strawberries in a mixture of 1 part vinegar and 10 parts water. Drain, rinse and put in the fridge for strawberries that will last for 2 weeks longer. Make sure you keep the mixture diluted so you don't taste the vinegar.
7. Store eggs on the middle shelf of the refrigerator to make them last 3-4 weeks longer than their date of expiration.
8. To revive old bread, rub an ice cube on it and then bake it for 12 minutes.
9. If you cook corn kernels in a bowl topped with a plate, it will reduce the number of unpopped kernels.
10. Tomatoes last longer when stored in room temperature, not in the fridge.
11.Cheese should be kept in the warmest part of the fridge, such as the vegetable or cheese drawer.
12. Keep older foods in the front of the fridge so you don't miss out on their expiration date.
13. Carefully wrap the crown of a batch of bananas with cling film to block the air and extend their shelf life for 3-5 days more.
14. If you store onions in tights, they'll last up to 8 months longer.
15. If your fridge smells - clean it immediately. It means that something is rotting in your fridge, and if it stays there it will quickly spread to your new food. If the smell is strong, use disinfectant. more
needed by some hungry people in the world more