1. Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness
(cough, cold, sneezing, running nose, fever).
2. When sneezing or coughing the mouth and the nose should be
covered with a tissue or handkerchief or any other cloth.
3. Stay away from school, work and public places when you are sick.
4. Wash hands often with soap.
5. Drink plenty of liquids.
6. Anyone who has influenza like illness should consult doctor and
7. Given below is the schedule for prevention of swine flu with antiviral
TAMIFLU DOSAGE CHART
(30 mgm; 45 mgm and 74 mgm capsules) (Liquid form for
children also available)
1. Treatment: 75 mgm twice daily for 5 days.
2. Preventive: 75 mgm four times a day for 10 days.
3. Treatment: 30 - 60 mgm twice daily for 5 days.
(For > 40 kg wt. children = 75 mgm twice daily x 5 days)
4. Preventive: 30 - 60 mgm once daily for 10 days
(For > 40 kg 75 mgm once daily for 10 days).
ARSENIC ALBA 30 X three times a day
ARSENIC ALBA 200 x once weekly more
SWINE FLU VIRUS IS VERY DELICATE AND CAN SURVIVE ONLY IN TH ROTE AND LUNGS. USING HYGIENE, PLENTY OF HOT WATER GARGLES, SNIFFING A MIXTURE OF EATABLE CAMPHOR AND GREEN ILLAICHI POWDER WRAPPED IN COTTON CLOTH IS VERY HELPFUL.
CAMPHOR LOBAN DHUUNI (FOGGING) OF PATIENT'S ROOM IS ALSO HELPFUL IN CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT AND MAKING IT VIRUS FREE.
SYRUP (kara) MADE AFTER LONG BOILING 2 GM TARMARIC POWDER, WITH 7 BLACK PEPPERS, 7 CLOVES, 7 BASIL LEAVES AND 10 GMS DRY/FRESH AMRITA (GILOY) TAKEN THREE TO FOUR TIMES A DAY IS VERY HELPFUL IN CURE AND PREVENTION OF SWINE FLUE. IT IS ALSO USEFUL TO INHALE THE STEAM OF THE ABOVE, WHILE IT IS BOILING FOR MAKING SYRUP. FOR CHILDREN, THE SYRUP, MAY BE SWEETENED WITH SOME CHEMICAL FREE GURR (SUGAR).
POULTRY PRODUCTS AND MEAT SHOULD BE DISCARDED. IF UNAVOIDABLE IT SHOULD BE WELL BOILED FOR SUFFICIENT DURATION. THE VIRUS CAN NOT SURVIVE IN HIGHER TEMPERATURES. more