Adv. K.V.Narayanan, Kozhikode, Kerala
What we expect from the authority in the case of trains and coaches is the first concern.
1. Coaches need good seats and births instead of the present (in most trains) old wooden / metal seats and births. I mean the seats in day trains should be premium type at least in Express and above .status trains
2. In long routed trains the berths should be a bit broader and the total number of berths should be less. The three tire births either in AC or others may be rearranged in such a way to accommodate the middle berths also have some space.
3.When we are AC compartment we are not in a position to know the arriving station and the departed station. So it makes some confusion and connected accidents also. We can with out much expense give a running commentary about the arriving and departed station with the time of arrival so that we can be ready on time to get out of the train without confusion.
4. The Train journey can be made a bit interesting by giving good transparent glass on the side window against the present non transparent/ translucent window glasses. The the day trains will be good for seeing our urban and rural beauty.
5. At present all types of hooligans can enter to the train platforms without any purpose. This should be regulated. It should be protected like an Aerodrome. Only passengers should be admitted to the platform. To take luggage to trains there should be some arrangements and the potters should be provided in goods trains only.
6. The entry to the platform should be regulated with a gate permitting the passengers of the particular train coming immediately. For all the others should be accommodated in the rest area with some felicity for reading , refreshments etc.
The present rating of our trains is 4 out of 10 with respect to other countries I have traveled