LocalCircles takes Social Media to the next level and makes it about Communities, Governance and Urban Daily Life. With LocalCircles, a citizen can get connected with their Government, City, Causes, Neighborhood, Interest, Needs and any other communities they are a part of.
When citizens get connected and become communities, it leads to transparency, easy availability of trusted information, easier collective action to address common issues and an easier/better urban daily life.
Using LocalCircles, organizations can reach out to citizens and understand collective issues, challenges, solutions, opportunities, pulse at macro or micro levels.
We’re looking for a talented, energetic individual to join our team as a “Sr. Back-end Engineer/Architect” in our development office in Noida. Working closely with our product and Development teams, the person will be responsible for leading and creation of highly scalable backend systems using GraphDB, Cassandra, MongoDB/MariaDB/MySQL and MemCache/Couchbase.
• Build features for the back-end platform of LocalCircles for web and mobile platforms
• Take lead and responsibility for understanding the front-end and interactive requirements for releases and plan iteratively to meet the requirement and timelines and mobile products
• Collaborate with the product and filed research team on features and module development
• Identify the issues reported by the team and users, prioritize them and plan the fixes for each release
• Design and Architect highly scalable and available system using GraphDB, Cassandra, MongoDB/MariaDB/MySQL and MemCache/Couchbase
• Well versed with design pattern and Computer science algoirthms
• Troubleshoot issues reported by users and fix them with a quick turn-around
• Find and implement features to improve the performance of the web and mobile platforms
• Work with the business and marketing teams to understand the perspective of the users
• NoSQL like Cassandra/GraphDB/MariaDB/MySQL or MangoDB expertise
• Expertise in distributed cache like couchbase/memcache or hazlecast
• MYSQL, PHP and Java expertise
• Solr/ Elastic Search expertise
• Open Source like Kafka, InfluxDB, Riemann, Hadoop and Storm experience is plus
• Candidate must be very good in problem solving, self driven.
• Very good team player and passion for bringing in new technical solutions.
• Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
• Willingness to quickly learn new framework/technology
• Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently or as a member of a team
• Is highly motivated, positive and possess ability to prioritize when under pressure