Refund from school admissio

Dear Members,
I get my son's admission in a school in this january for the upcoming session from April 2015. Now we have to change the place so needs to cancle the admission. Please let me know legally what all I can ask them for refund? We gave 3 months tutuion fee,security, admission,picnic,books fee. Please let me know other then security what all I am eligible for refund from them?
Thanks in advance... more  

Pooja Ji,
You are fully entitled to get your full fee refunded minus the registration charges. I had to fight a legal battle with Salwan school to get the fees refund but then before the first date of hearing in the consumer court the school refunded the amount minus the registration charges. The management agreed to refund the fee because it knew that it nothing to defend and will loose the ground in the consumer court, but it is a fact that most of us do not come forward and let ourselves bullied by the private schools, it is not due to lack of courage but due to lack of knowledge about rules and a proper redresal mechanism that have made these schools so daring and hence running as per their whims and fancies.
It is an open loot by the private schools in Delhi, they seldom abide by or follow the circulars issued by Directorate of Education, many of them even do not care to abide by the law of land- charge hefty fee on trivial pretext, most of them have turned into profit making firms. What a pity we all fall prey to them but can't help as the there are little or no binding and strict regulations. Even today most of the schools are charging fee quarterly despite the Hon'ble Delhi High Court's ruling that fee to be charged monthly.
Department of Education Delhi is toothless body hardly any private school cares about its notices or circulars, courts are the only option.
Go ahead and seek fee refund, its your right. more  
you are entitled for refund of security and two months tuition fee in case
session got started before the claim otherwise full fee. You send a
request to the school for refund of what you have paid, giving a notice of
15 days. under intimation to education deptt. of Govt. of Delhi
administration. You can also approach consumer court in case the school
refuse to refund, first get a refusal from the school in writing. There
are other easy methods also but let the school give in writing or no
response for 15 days.

Vijay Kumar more  
But what if he will not attend the school because session will start from 1st april... more  
Legal position is that even in case the schools is attended by the student even for a day the student/ parents loose their right to receive any refund whatsoever. But good schools, with little legal persuasion, refund part of tuition fee too. We succeeded in getting fee back from Amity and Millennium in several cases (with persuasion and after issuing Legal Notice). You can interact with sufficient details on 9818733679. Thanks. Bharat B Mittal, Noida more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Query on PMAY

      Hi All, I have bought a new flat in Bangalore with my mother as a co-owner. She is a homemaker and do not have any property registered in her name. When i was applying for Home loan initially ...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • the decisions of Supreme courts Our top court in India

      As we all know in our India Supreme court is supreme of all courts and it is safe guarding our consitution and to provisions provided to the citizens of India. But in recent past days the Supreme C...

      By VIJAY VK
    • Correction in my Khatauni

      I inherited a house constructed in 1968 by my late father in my name in main city and yellow card is issued by Nagar Nigam. House Tax and Water tax are being paid regularly . I wanted to sell my ...

    • Legal Heir Certificate

      Would like to know about Legal Heir Certificate. I am told that it is to be obtained after the demise of one's parent. Won't it be better if the Parent can declare his legal heir whil...

      By Chandrasekhar K
    • Advise for land locked agriculture land

      My 11 bigha land was occupied in 1982 by Government of UP for constructing PAC compound at Barabanki .Now my land is land locked and there is no approach to main road. Being a Senior citizen ,may I...

    • Date of birth difference between primary and secondary school due to clerical mistake

      my date of birth in matric certificate issued by the board is May 1962 which I surrender at the time of joining job as per this my retirement is in May 2020 but it come to my notice few days back ...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • legal hairs are liable to pay damage for civil suit of their parents?

      Sir, is there any law under IPC which says that legal hair have to pay to the respondending party if their parent expires during the course of legal suit? my mother filed a civil suit against ...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • GST for flat booked before April 2019

      I have booked a flat under construction in Hyderabad in June 2018 with a promise it would be delivered by Sep 18. But the builder got OC only in April 2019. Out of 45 flats to this date only 16 ha...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Why does government of India want to put cookies on our computers????????

      I tried to visit and access a particular SRO but could not because a pop up always came up whenever I tried to access "S...

      By Anil Kumar Singh
    • Dispute in Residential Project..Confusion on Suggested Solution

      Reframed last post to make it more clear. This post have better details of dispute and solution : a) Residential Project spread on PlotA, PlotB registered as Phase1 A/B/C buildings ...

      By Naresh Yadav
    • Request your help and wealth of knowledge on Legal Matters

      I filed a SLP in the year 2015 before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India against at Criminal Petition which was against me. The SLP was filed by me online as party in person. I was infor...

      By Anil Kumar Singh
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)