ancestral property

my grandfather has inherited almost all land from his father, apart from this he has a piece of land purchased in the name of his wife(my grandmother).... can he make a will on these land(both inherited and purchased) more  

View all 6 comments Below 6 comments
All the legal heirs of your father have right in the ancestral property. Even if you father was the only son of your grandfather, your grandmother will also have right. So also all the children of your father have right in the Your father can make a will of his share alone in the inherited property. So far as the property purchased in the name of your grandmother,the title is subject to proof and the grandmother alone cane deal with the property as it stands in her name. more  
Nobody can make a will of inherited property. You can make a will of property which is purchased from your earned money only. more  
He can write a will naming all his natural and legal successors, as ancestral property will be shared by all of them, unless some of them renounce their share in any other heir's favour(with or without consideration). If grandmother is alive, she can will it to anyone, since it is from the granfather's self earned money more  
As per my understanding, inherited property is divided among all the heirs as per Hindu act. The purchased property, since it is in the name of his wife, can be willed by your grandmother. Better to register the will at SDM office. more  
No he can not make a will of inherited land as it will pass on to his heirs as per Hindu succession Act. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone. -------- Original message --------From: Mani Dubey Date: 13/02/2016 11:01 (GMT+05:30) To: Subject: New post "ancestral property" in [Legal Advise and Matters] more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)