Legal advise

One of my sisters husband died living behind my sister as widow and her step son (married with a son) and step daughter(divorcee)while widow was busy in shradha etc both the son and daughter managed to take out original deed of property documents and banks pass book and insurance policy etc.widow has all the documents zerox copy with her.
Now,they are pressing hard to the widow to desert from house and insisting upon to manage her food and clothing.She is staying but managing her own food etc.
Several attempts were made to resolve the issue mutually but both of them do not buzz.
Last course remain to file a suite in a civil court but for court fee and legal expenses required whereas she is unable to bear it.
Both of son and daughters have got to the claim of insurance policy's against their fathers death certificate production as being nominee.
Stop payment letters on different Banks are being recorded.Her maximum property is existing at and near by kolkata and others at Rajasthan.She now seek legal advise to get her rights under the above mentioned condition. legal cell connected to local circle please advise more  

View all 26 comments Below 26 comments
According to Hindu law, wife, son and daughter now have got equal share in all immovable and movable properties including cash insurance and bank deposits. Nomination in insurance policy only gives right to withdraw the money from insurance company but now it is the duty of the nominee to distribute the insurance amount to all the three heirs equally. If it is not distributed then register a FIR in police and meet senior officials to force to deliver the insurance amount. Case can also be filed in police under Domestic Violence Act if other heirs do violent acts to expel from the residence in which your sister previously resided along with her husband. A Civil suit may also be filed to compel to get the amount and ownership in the immovable properties of the deceased husband. If there is a problem financially for paying court fees for filing civil suit, one may prefer declarity suit which is a right to declare equal share in all the properties of the deceased husband, Such type of suits costs maximum of Rs. 300/- court fees only. more  
good suggestions from both. more  
Legal Aid apart from NGO's help is advised apart from Criminal Complaints and Writ in High Court. Well before that all the documents to be sorted out very carefully more  
Dear Mr Dhaniwal, please inform in which city you reside. I will see if I can be of any help. But I am surprised to notice that for so long you have been discussing the matter on this circle but have not taken any steps in right direction. Unnecessarily worried about court fees, advocate fee etc. Please please first consult a dependable advocate of your choice. Only he will provide you professional guidance to move. And start moving one step daily. There are hundreds of ways to file a suit and fight. Please take the first step, you will see the light for next step. May be, on receiving advocate notice for suit, the opposite party comes for settlement. Please note--- 1) To avoid court fees for the present, you can file suit for declaration of title only. 2) For insurance policy and bank account etc., if you write a letter stating your objection for payment to nominee or anyone and take receipt thereof then no one can embezzle your share. If bank or insurance company makes payment even after your letter of objection, then the concerned bank or ins. company have to pay your share to you. If such is the case, then anytime send me the scanned copies of the papers and I will make them see STARS in daytime just sitting at my place. NO one should worry about advocate fees. Even if SC fixes the advocate fees, it will not help. How to squeeze money, no one knows better than advocate. There are hundred ways. (Had it not been your compulsion in this case, I would have never suggested you to go to court or any advocate.) May the Almighty bless you with courage & strength to fight the injustice. more  
Mr. Sitaram, nominee is not the owner of property or money received. He has to distribute the same to lawful claimants. She may file police complaint and also involve deptt. Of social welfare, legal Sec, NHRC etc. Do not sit back waiting miracles to happen. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)