Absentia Petition

I have to attend to a court for hearing frequently(as and when required). Can I put up a petition to appoint a junior lawyer to be present in the court as I am unable to attend on health grounds(suffering from Osteo Arthritis-Sevear Knee Joint Pains). If so what is the proceedure. more  

View all 16 comments Below 16 comments
Lawyers alone are authorised to practice law before courts. In specific cases Power Agents can represent a litigant.No other person can attend court and do things on your behalf. more  
There is a system of appointing "Pahrokars". If translated from Urdu it means "Paharvi karne wala" or one who will attend the court on your behalf, but may not be a lawyer or GPA. I am not clear about the duties or responsibilities or qualifications of a "Pahrokar". Can some one elaborate? more  
unless u specify whether you are involved a criminal or civil case and your position as accused or plaintiff or defendant ,it is not possible to suggest the remedy. more  
There are organisations of legal experts like lawyers in almost all cities who render free legal services. You can approach one such organisations. more  
Suryakumari ji is right. However, if you cannot appoint a regular advocate, you can still get exemption by filing a petition under sec.317 on the date of hearing (assuming it is a criminal case) through a junior advocate. This will exempt you only for that day of hearing and this option shall continue to be available to you so long as you can substantiate your inability to attend (backed by a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner) more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)